June 14, 2011

Leaving. ( Warning: CHEESY x 10000 ! )

Have you ever had to leave something you loved behind? When I was five, I had this stuffed duck that I carried around with me everywhere. It was yellow, and was almost as tall as me ( at the time ). I took it everywhere with me; I took it to the park, to the toy store, to bed. When first grade started, I noticed that no one else carried around a giant stuffed duck and so I felt like an outsider. One day, I got home and just completely hid my duck underneath my bed and slowly forgot about it.
Yes, the duck was and still is precious to me, because it represents a part of my childhood. Sometimes though, you have to leave what you love behind in order to move on further in life. That's what I'm doing right now.
This has been a great year; I met several amazing people whom I love more than life itself.  I know it's hard to believe, and it might even seem fake, because how can you love people when you've only known them for such a short period of time? When you love someone, you don't measure it by how long you've known them, or the time you've spent together with them. You measure it by the little laughs and perverted inside jokes shared with them, the crazy moments that we find amusing even though they're insignificant to anyone else, how you just understand them and they understand you, and MOST OF ALL, by knowing that if you could, you would undoubtedly spend the rest of your life with them. No, I'm not lesbian.
When I first started school this year, I left behind all I ever knew in Canada; my school, my childhood friends, my home. It sounds childish, but I kept a calendar in my room, counting down to the days when I would get to leave "Crappy California" and go back to my beloved Canada again. As I slowly got to know these amazing people and adjusted to the life that I have here, I found that I slowly started forgetting to cross out the days on my calendar. As the school year's end slowly crept closer and closer, I found myself wishing, "Please let time go by slower, I don't want to leave."
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE CANADA. I love everything about that place: the so-called bitter/freezing winters, the 7 feet snow piles, the maple syrup. I'm still 100% Canadian inside and out, but I just find myself wishing I can be in the two places at the same time.
I hadn't realized how fast the year had gone by until when I was Vchatting with Brooke today about what to wear on Wednesday when she suddenly exclaimed, "Wednesday is going to be the last time I ever see you again." When she said that, we suddenly both got quiet.
I will miss this place. I will miss the "nice" weather when it's actually really crappy to me ( honestly, why the hell does it rain in the SUMMER??! Sunny California, my ass ), I will miss the random mexican grocery stores scattered everywhere, I will miss the smart-ass-perfect-grade-over-achieving students of my school and most importantly, I will miss the people who I've left pieces of my heart with here back in America.
One of these days, I'll be back. When I'm back, probably half of my biotechs are already married or pregnant, or are like billionaires or super stars. Either way, no matter if they are dirty, homeless hobos or if they are like Bill Gates rich, I will run up to them, brave their stench or body guards, hug them and never let them go again.
For the people I'm dedicating this to, ( you know who you are...hopefully? ) Thank you so much for making this year incredible for me. I promise I will never forget you ( whoever you are...), and if I'm ever rich I'll send you like, an elephant from India or something.
Just kidding. I love you guys to pieces and if anything ever happens to any one of you...I don't know what I'll do. Maybe cry until I drown in my own tears? Wow, that was emo. See, I love you guys so much that it makes me get all emotional!
Don't forget me.
 
 Sorry for the lovey dovey mushy stuff, guys. I suddenly had an urge to be all cheesy today...




Anyways, it's late...almost 1 and I have my history finals tomorrow. I better study...( AHAHAHAH, yeah right. )
Much love;

1 comment:

  1. Honey, I stared crying! I started crying a lot <3 I'll miss you more than life itself (psh... we live in Saratoga... Saratoga = no life!) You are my everything, even my necklace! :)
    I love you, I love you, I love you <3 Don't leave <3
    Sincerely, Your Biotech, Sara <3

    ReplyDelete