August 3, 2011

View About Brooke's View About Emo(tional) People

If she responds to this one, the title is going to get looong...
Even though we didn't coordinate to write this, I knew Brooke was going to write about this subject too. How did I know? Because we had this conversation a long time ago, Brooke told me to not keep all of my emotions "Bottled Up," as she calls it.


I disagree. Why? Brooke says, "As long as something is enough to actually make you upset, it matters." What if the person is the type to be really easily upset by things? What if someone plans a beach day but when she wakes up, she's upset because she sees that it's raining? Should she curl up into a fetal position on her bed and start bawling? Or should she change her plans and stay indoors and bake cookies instead?

 It's not called "bottling up your emotions, " it's called making better use of your time. What if there was a war going on, and the Captain on one side just witnessed the death of his best friend? Should he cry and give up on the war completely? Or should he put it behind him and try his best to avenge his friend by winning the war? I wouldn't want my best friend to die in vain.


In my last post, I mentioned a hobo who "tricked" me. In my opinion, I don't call it tricking, scamming, conning or any of those words. Why are people hobos? Because maybe they've made some pretty bad decisions in their lives and are suffering for them now by being jobless. The hobo who scammed me, that was his job. I would feel stupid if I knew that I helped someone who completely lost hope in life. I like knowing that I helped someone who might actually have a shot at his future, even if it means he's lying to people to get there. He might be stealing, but people need to live. There are people who buy bottled water from Wal-Mart cheaply, then sells it at a tourist attraction for double the price, still claiming that it's cheap. Isn't that "stealing" too?
He might be tricking people into thinking that he's worse than he actually is, but that's the beauty of it. He actually isn't pitifully living on the streets. Isn't that why we help hobos? To get them off the streets? Mission accomplished, no matter how they work to get money.
There are unfortunate people battling cancer every single day, people who never gives up their will to live. Then... there are people who are born lucky, people who are healthy, but completely hopeless towards life because of some hardships, like not getting what they want or someone they love passed away. 
Now, I'm not God. I don't get to decide who gets to live or not, but I have my views.
Why should people with illnesses die when they struggle to live while the people unhappy with their lives gets to live on in sadness? I'm not being heartless by saying people shouldn't mourn for their loved ones, but let's be truthful here: If their loved ones were still alive, would they want their family or friends to be wasting their lives by crying or being upset? Or would they want them to live on in happiness? Crying isn't going to bring their loved ones back.

 For the sad people who are disappointed in life because they don't get what they want, is self pity really going to make things better? Really? Because for the guys who never seem to have the balls to ask a girl they like out, they should just walk up to the girl and start tearing up in her face? That's going to make things better? And for the sad wannabe girls who wants to gain popularity, is crying really going to make you prettier so guys can notice you more? Didn't think so.
People go insane if they are surrounded by their own depression, at least if they keep it inside and find something else to do, they'll be distracted from their sadness. If they just sit there on their bed crying with nothing to do, THAT'S when they go insane.
"It takes someone strong to hold back tears, but someone even stronger to cry." - I've heard that quote before. And what's the person who came up with that quote doing? He or she obviously isn't crying at home, or else he/she would have never came up with that. At least they're doing something with their lives, even if it is coming up love quotes for websites, instead tearing up in self pity. 
Yes, that was harsh. Brooke will be like, "WTF??" after she reads this, but oh well.

You better lose yourself in the moment, you own it, you better never let it go.
You only get ONE shot do not miss your chance to blow, this opportunity comes once in a lifetime, yo. - Eminem.

Much love;

No comments:

Post a Comment